If anxiety is something you or your loved ones struggle with regularly, then please get in touch to discuss how I can help you overcome the underlying cause of anxiety.
It is often easier to recognise our emotions and feelings before we are able to recognise our own thoughts.
To recognise which emotion you are feeling:
- Set an alarm on your phone for 4 to 6 times a day, for example, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm.
- Every time the alarm goes off, make a note of the emotion you are feeling.
- Notice how you are feeling right now: anxious, apprehensive, overwhelmed, scared, hungry, tired, relaxed, happy, excited etc.
- Track the time and the intensity of the emotion, with 1 being low and 10 being high
- Observe the thought that created that emotion, and record what you said to yourself when you felt that way
When we are struggling with anxiety, the feeling can feel so familiar that we believe we feel anxious all the time. By setting an alarm and interrupting your thought and emotions, you may find that you experience more varied emotions than you realised.